How Are Lasers Used in Cold Sores?
Gentle laser dentistry focuses the power on herpetic lesions (cold sores).
Cold sore can be uncomfortable, unaesthetic, and inconvenient. They generally break out in response to trauma, or whenever physical or psychological stress levels spike.
Once you experience the tall-take tingling sensation, it’s only a matter of time before a full-blown sore appears. Then, healing can take as long as two weeks, and quality of life may be significantly compromised. Therefore, it is critical to begin laser treatment before the sore has had a change to develop.
Catch it in time with laser treatment, and the cold sore will not break out. (Usually, withing the first 48 hours).
What About Canker Sores?
Laser treatment is very effective on apthous ulcers (canker sores) for the same reasons. The stinging sensation is eliminated in seconds and healing is rapid and uneventful.
The laser is also used to facilitate healing other oral soft tissue trauma, such as:
- Irritation from orthodontic wires
- Denture sores
- Extractions sites
What Are The Benefits Of Laser In Treating Cold Sores and Canker Sores?
- It is high tech and yet is surprisingly affordable and is insurance reimbursable.
- Photonic Laser Energy destroys the virus responsible for the sore.
- Most of our patients who are treated when the lip starts tingling never develop a sore.
- Profound relief is immediate.
- If the sore has already broken out if will progress no furth after treatment.
- The lip will return to normal in a matter of days, instead of in two weeks or longer without laser treatment.
- Not only will the lip get back to normal more quickly but it will remain comfortable during the healing process.
- Each laser treatment takes just a few minutes.
- The laser’s light energy promotes healing through gently photo-biostimulation deep within the lip.
- After treatment, sores reoccur with less frequency and less intensity at the same location.
- Remember, there is virtually no discomfort during or following laser treatment of cold sores.
Park West Dental Care Patients Testimonial
I get really bad headaches in my right eye into my nose becuase I get cold sores on my nose. I woke up with a headache and a tender and red spot on my nose so I knew I was getting the cold sore. I called Park West Dental that morning and they got me in that same day. They did the treatment within 30 minutes. (Which the treatment was completely comfortable! I didn’t feel anything)! The headache disappeared that day and when I woke up the next morning everything including the tenderness was completely gone! And never came up! It is worth going on in for the 30 minutes because now I don’t have to take the medication for 2 weeks and go through all of the pain!
I had a couple of really sensitive teeth and I got the laser treatment done and the sensitivity is so much better! The treatment was really simple and fast and there was nothing to it! I would tell everyone to get it done if they have sensitive teeth!
Your dentists in Idaho Falls, ID can help answer any questions you may have about cold sores and cold sore prevention. Call Park West Dental Care at 208.932.4607 to find out how we can help you!