At Park West Dental we feel that your smile should stand out in a crowd, and bring you a lot of confidence! One of the most effective procedures for those who are missing teeth or need to have a more secure denture is dental implants. Implants are small metal rods that are surgically placed underneath the gum line. The rod will then fuse with the bone, and offer a secure abutment for crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Dental Implants Placement
The dental implants procedure is relatively easy and noninvasive, with a typically easy recovery time. During the procedure, you will receive a general anesthetic that puts you to sleep. From there, the dentist will proceed with the following steps:
- The dentist creates a small incisions in the gum, and drills small metal rods down into the lower jaw or into the upper mandible (upper jaw).
- Once the procedure is done, you will be taken to a recovery room to give you time to wake up.
- We’ll review your surgery to make sure there are no complications, and the healing process can begin.
- The metal rods take time to fuse with the bone, after which a crown, bridge, or denture will be placed on top. Throughout this healing period, we will closely monitor the implant and implant site to make sure there are no issues.
Are Dental Implants Right for Me?
While the placement of implants is relatively easy, certain things will determine whether you are a viable candidate for the implant placement. Because the procedure involves surgery into the bone, the doctor will use X-rays and dental CT scans to determine if it’s the right treatment for you.
These factors are all taken into account before a dental implant can be recommended:
- Your current state of health
- Your age
- Your bone structure and strength
- Your ability to heal
- Lack of bone to support the rod
- Chronic diseases or ailments that increase the chance of dental implant failure
Dental Implant Consultation
If you would like to learn more about the dental implants process, you can contact our Idaho Falls office for a consultation. We will be more than happy to talk about your options and any financing that is available to you. We can also discuss aftercare of your implants and what to expect during the healing process. Contact Park West Dental today!
To learn more about implant dentures, call Park West Dental at 208.932.4607 to schedule a consultation today!