Whether your teeth have become weak from decay or breakage, or you have recently needed a root canal, a dental crown is the perfect solution. At Park West Dental of Idaho Falls ID our dentists can restore your teeth to the right size, shape, and strength, alleviating your pain and discomfort in the process. Dental Crowns are a natural-looking, custom-made concealment that are custom fit to your broken tooth, returning your smile to its beautiful, natural state.
What Is a Dental Crown?
Also known as a dental cap, dental crowns offer a permanent and protective solution for a compromised, damaged or broken tooth. They can be made out of a variety of materials, such as gold or acrylic resin; however, the natural look of porcelain is the preferred material for most crowns. Crowns are made to blend in with your surrounding teeth, and they help restore your tooth’s look and function.
What Is the Procedure for Getting a Dental Crown?
The process for creating and fitting dental crowns takes place over two to three visits. At Park West Dental, our priority is to deliver gentle, compassionate care. This commitment, combined with our sedation options, ensures that receiving a crown is a comfortable experience.
- Drs. Drake and Jacobson first remove all presence of tooth decay
- The damaged tooth is sculpted and prepared for being fit with a crown
- We take an impression of your tooth to accurately create the custom dental crown
- While you wait for the permanent one to be made, you will be fit with a temporary crown
- When your crown is completed, the dentists place it onto the permanent tooth, ensures the fit and look are correct, and cements it into place.
Once fit with your permanent dental crown, you’ll see that it was worth the wait. When crafted carefully and with your individual needs in mind, a permanent crown can restore your confidence, comfort, and overall quality of life.
What Is the Cost for a Dental Crown?
The cost of a dental crown varies according to the size, location, and material it is made out of. We offer a wide variety of payment and financing options to ensure that patients in need of a crown can afford one. Call to set up a consultation and receive an estimate of what your personalized treatment will cost.